This webpage sets out the policies and procedures relating to AusQ Training’s training and assessment services, and constitutes the terms and conditions of the contract between you (our student or client) and AusQ Training (as your training provider). AusQ Training agrees to honour its commitment to deliver the purchased services and complete the training and/or assessment once the student/s has commenced training, subject to the terms and conditions specified in this page. Any changes to these terms and conditions will be communicated to you.
You must read this page prior to enrolling in any course. Also be sure to read the course description available on each of our dedicated course webpages in which you are interested, which contains specific information applicable to the courses beyond the general guidance provided on this page.
What is an RTO?
AusQ Training is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO No. 52361) recognised by the Training Accreditation Council for the delivery of nationally recognised training in Western Australia.
A Registered Training Organisation (RTO) is a training organisation providing Vocational Education and Training to students, resulting in qualifications or statements of attainment that are recognised and accepted by industry and other educational institutions throughout Australia. All RTOs in Australia (including the qualifications they are registered to deliver) are listed on the national register at www.training.gov.au.
To deliver vocational education and training in Western Australia, an organisation must be approved by the government’s regulatory body, Training Accreditation Council (TAC), and must then comply with all components of the Vocational Education and Training (VET) Quality Framework (VQF), including:
- The Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015
- The Australian Qualifications Framework
- Fit and proper person Requirements
- Financial Viability Risk Assessment Requirements
- Data Provision Requirements
In addition to the above, AusQ Training is a Main Roads WA approved training provider therefore upon successful completion of recognised courses and meeting all the required Main Roads WA prerequisites participants will also receive the relevant accreditation, valid for 3 years.
Our obligations to you, the learner, include being responsible for the quality of the training and assessment which must be in compliance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015, for the issuance of Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) certification documentation, and to keep you informed. This means that we will notify you when any change occurs that may affect the services we are providing you, including any changes to the educational and support services identified below, any change in ownership of the RTO, and any changes to third-party arrangements we put in place for the delivery of services to our students.
Student & Employer Handbook
AusQ Training has a comprehensive Student & Employer Handbook which provides further details about the delivery of services, expectations of learners and more. A copy can be located here.
Fees & Charges
Please refer to AusQ Training’s full Fees, Charges, Cancellations & Refunds Policy here.
Written quotes provided to corporate clients are valid for up to 14 days from the date of issue and after this date is subject to change. Any changes or cancellations must be made in writing.
The booking terms for corporate group booking clients are:
- Once dates are confirmed, a $1,500 paid deposit is required to place the corporate group booking into our schedule, allocate trainers, order required resources and set up specific online courses (where applicable). Without this deposit payment, your dates are not secured. The deposit amount of $1,500 is non-refundable if the course or service is cancelled by the corporate client.
- The remaining balance will be no later than ten (10) working days prior to the commencement of the course or invoiced within your approved credit account terms. The deposit and balance will be invoiced on two separate invoices unless arranged in writing prior. We accept payment by credit card, direct deposit, or approved credit accounts.
Credit card payments can be accepted. Our website uses either National Australia Bank and/or Pin Payments. (“third parties”) gateways for the processing of all credit card transactions. When making payments via these facilities your credit card details are directly transacted with these third parties and AusQ Training does not, at any stage, have access to your credit card details. In your dealings with the third parties, the session or data transfer is conducted using industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Credit card customers please note: while the cost of merchant fees are covered by AusQ Training, where a customer seeks a refund for an item for any reason, AusQ Training may deduct 3% of the credit card transaction amount to cover the merchant fee before refunding the subsequent portion of funds to the customer.
Available training dates are provided to clients when preparing written quotes. However, training dates are not held until a quote has formally been accepted and the course deposit paid. Dates offered are treated on a first in first served basis.
Our Training Facilities
- Parking and public transport: Details of the training venue, car parking facilities and public transport options will be emailed to you before the start of your training. All of our training venues have nearby parking facilities.
- Meals: Tea, coffee and water are usually available during your training, but vary from venue to venue. Lunch is not provided, however several cafes and restaurants are near each of our training venues.
- Training safety: We take safety seriously, and at the start of each course your trainer will outline all relevant safety considerations during your training with us.
- Your feedback: At the end of your course you will be invited to provide us with feedback on your training experience. Please let us know everything we did well and – most importantly – what things can be improved. Student feedback is a major contributor to our continuous improvement processes. You can provide feedback at anytime to us just click here.
Your Training Facilities
When our Trainer & Assessor travel to you and provide training on-site using your training facilitates (or facilitated booked by yourself), we require the following:
- Enclosed room with classroom-style desks and chairs per participant and trainer
- Adequate lighting, heating/cooling and space
- Data projector and projector wide screen
- Whiteboard and white board markers
- Power supply with a power board
- Wifi access
- Venue to be available 30 minutes prior to and after the scheduled training times to allow our Trainer to set up and pack down
We recommend the arrangement of tea, coffee and water for participants, however, that is at the discretion of the client.
For selected training courses that AusQ Training offer, there are additional equipment requirements that are used to facilitate practical training such as signs, devices, vehicles, UHF two way radios etc.
For locations where our Trainer drives in-drives out, they will provide the equipment with them. However, for locations where our Trainer fly’s in-fly’s out, this equipment will be required to be provided by the client. A list of requirements will be provided upon booking your course with us and written confirmation of the equipment being organised and ready is required.
Our standard training delivery times are 7.30am to 4pm.
Course times are set unless alternative arrangements are made and agreed to in writing, prior to the course and no later than ten (10) working days. Students should expect to be in full attendance from start to finish.
Maximum Course Participants
The maximum number of participants for each course may vary depending on the course type and learner cohort. We include the maximum number of participants in each written quote and can not exceed this amount. In the event you have more participants please discuss requirements with our Customer Support team, so we can look at alternatives such as adding another course or considering public training courses (if applicable).
We understand every student undertaking training with us will differ with their unique individual needs. We ask that you let us know in advance if any students require specific support needs.
Please refer to our dedicated Student Information page for further Student Support services available here
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained on our website and in any proposal or marketing material provided by us to you, however, we accept no liability to any person or entity with respect to any inaccuracy, misleading information, loss or damage caused directly or indirectly by the information contained in the aforesaid material. Changes and additions to the information contained on the AusQ Training site are made frequently.
Legal Name: The Trustee for AusQ Unit Trust
Trading Name: AusQ Training
We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) number 52361.
AusQ Training reserves the right to modify or amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.