Get In Touch With Us
Contact us today on 08 6118 4558 or via email
Contact us today on 08 6118 4558 or via email
This four (4) day course provides participants with the theory and practical skills required to monitor the effectiveness of traffic guidance schemes including adding and/or removing signs and devices within the scope and objectives of the Traffic Management Plan. This course is aimed at personnel in a Supervisory role, who are required to carry out risk management processes in the resource and infrastructure industries. The course is delivered face to face and includes practical training and assessments.
This level of Main Roads WA accreditation is suited to Team Crew Leaders, Leading Hands, Supervisors, Project Managers or Approving Officers. After obtaining this accreditation you can perform the following tasks;
Note: Changes to the TMP/TGS shall not involve adding lane or road closures, speed limit changes, or adding any additional regulatory signs that have not been approved (note: WTMs may add repeater signs). – MRWA COP
Four (4) days – 32 hours
7.15am arrival, 7.30am commencement
Upon successful completion, all participants will be issued by AusQ Training RTO 52361 with the following nationally recognised Statement of Attainment:
AusQ Training is a Main Roads WA approved training provider therefore upon successful completion and meeting all the required Main Roads WA pre requisites participants will also receive a Main Roads WA Worksite Traffic Management (WTM) accreditation (valid for 3 years).
Participants are required to:
– Provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
– Have good English literacy and reading skills as training will involve reading work instructions, interpreting/modifying traffic guidance schemes, writing safety documentation and compliance audit reports
– Bring along the following current resources to the course including Main Roads WA Code of Practice Works on Roads, Main Roads WA Code of Practice for Events & AS1742.3 Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices – Part 3 Traffic Control for Works on Roads. Note: In the event resources are not available to the student prior to the course, copies can be supplied to students by request for use during the training course.
In order to meet Main Roads WA requirements, participants MUST:
– Have evidence of being issued with a valid Worksafe WA Construction Safety Awareness Training Card (blue card) or Construction Induction (White Card)
– Hold a current Main Roads WA Basic Worksite Traffic Management (BWTM) accreditation *
– Have documentary evidence of at least 1 years practical experience in traffic management OR; have documentary evidence of at least 2 year’s practical experience in road construction/maintenance
– Complete a Pre Enrolment form to demonstrate meeting the above listed requirements
* Exemption from holding a current BWTM accreditation may be offered for employees working in Main Roads, Local Governments or other approving bodies with at least 3 years’ experience in traffic management, road safety, road construction/maintenance or road design that will be endorsing TMP’s. Additionally, they must have previously held a BWTM accreditation.
Upon submitting an enrolment for this course, an Enrolment Interview will be scheduled with the student to ensure the students eligibility for the course. Following successful completion of this process, the students enrolment will be confirmed.
Participants are required to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled course start time. Tea/coffee facilities are provided. All participants are required to bring their drivers licence, white card and any previous accreditation details.
Participants are required to obtain and bring the below resources for training:
2. Main Roads WA Code of Practice for Events – February 2021(Free to download)
Note – This is not a free resource and there is a cost to purchase and download this document.
4. Austroads Guides – Part 2 Traffic Management Planning (Free to download)
5. Austroads Guides – Part 3 Static Worksites (Free to download)
6. Austroads Guides – Part 9 Sample Layouts (Free to download)
* Note – You will be required to set up your own Austroads account to access these documents completely free.
All participants are required to wear appropriate work attire, including:
– Steel capped boots
– Hi-visibility clothing
– Hat/sun protection
The above PPE is essential due to practical training and assessment completed during this course.
In the event PPE items are not available to a student prior to the course, please contact our office we may be able to organise additional PPE items to use during training, by arrangement in advance only.
Re-accreditation of all traffic management accreditation holders is required every three (3) years, following which it is a requirement that ‘refresher training’ is undertaken to maintain accreditation with Main Roads WA.
Reaccreditation Training is available for this accreditation – find out more here.
No GST for Nationally Accredited Training.
Metropolitan Rate $992pp – You Pay $498pp
Regional Rate $1088pp – You Pay $402pp
Note: This subsidy is available to eligible participants only.
No other government training entitlements and subsidy arrangements are currently available for this course.