Like many around us, we have been faced with the unprecedented challenge of responding to the recent development of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) outbreak.
Here at AusQ Training we have and will continue to respond as required to this ever-evolving situation, so much so, that we have opted to set up this dedicated web page outlining our measures and what we are doing. We understand what we do today is likely to need to change and be adapted tomorrow and the next day. Our dedicated web page will outline all of the comprehensive measures we are taking to ensure the safety of our employees, customers and community.
In line with our commitment to health and safety of our workplace and business continuity, AusQ Training is taking proactive and careful measures to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. The health and safety of all our people is our top priority.
We have instigated a number of business-wide strategies designed to mitigate the risk of spreading the COVID-19 virus.
Here’s what you need to know (updated as of 26 May 2020):
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) and sanitisation products including antibacterial sprays and gels have been made available to all employees and students;
- Dedicated cleaning stations have been set up at all training facilities for staff and students to use regularly during each course and also equipment such as vehicles;
- Increased cleaning standards across the business, reinforcement of infection controls and good personal hygiene;
- Procurement of adequate supplies of PPE and medical supplies/consumables;
- All non-essential domestic and international travel has been postponed indefinitely. Employees returning from overseas must self-isolate for 14 days upon arrival;
- Employees who have had direct/close contact with someone confirmed to have the virus, must self-isolate for 14 days from their last contact with that individual;
- Self-quarantine for all employees and contractors with flu-like symptoms or who may have had COVID-19 contact;
- Promotion and awareness of new social distancing measures. Include modifications to office, common areas and training rooms to easily accommodate this practice;
- Reduced the maximum amount of participants per training course/group to follow government requirements of 1 person per four square metres. This provides additional social distancing space in training rooms;
- Reduced face-to-face interaction and increased availability and use of video-conferencing facilities;
- Introduction of online virtual training options. These sessions are available anywhere with internet access and are live and instructor-led. We have designed these to ensure interaction and connection ;
- Implementation of a travel register and formal declaration by all employees and students regarding their travel movements in the previous 15 days;
- Implementation of temperature testing of employees and students each day, at start of work or training;
- A ‘Working From Home’ plan implemented for all administration employees, providing social distancing to help reduce risk and spread. There are some essential operations which cannot be fulfilled remotely, including certain training courses;
- Dedicated communications plan and appointed person to ensure incoming and outgoing key messages are received and distributed as required;
- Appointed in-house Emergency Management Team (EMT) working together which allows our remaining leadership team and employees to remain focused on day to day operations and continuity;
- Regular video updates shared with our entire workforce via our dedicated online platform, providing developments across our business. This ensures our workforce are fully informed of evolving changes as they occur and can respond;
- Revised plans related to visitor protocols at our workplaces. We are asking that outside visitors do not come to our offices unless critical to do so. We are equipped to facilitate customer engagement via telephone and video conferencing facilities.
- General well-being checks and monitoring of all employees to ensure at this difficult time they are provided and have support options available
These strategies are being monitored regularly and are subject to change as new developments occur.
We are grateful to our team members who work tirelessly to do the best job possible under the circumstances, and we thank our customers for your understanding.
We know this time is challenging, I’m reminded that every obstacle we face is an opportunity for growth. We simply need to adapt, think creatively, and never stop digging deep to support our customers, employees and communities around us.
We hope you stay safe, healthy and calm throughout this period and know that you can continue to rely on AusQ Training to deliver a safe and high level of service.
P.S – Our teams have embraced a new motto here and we wanted to share it – #strongertogether