Reaccreditation of all traffic management accreditation holders is required every three (3) years, following which it is a requirement that ‘refresher training’ is undertaken to maintain accreditation with Main Roads WA.
This one (1) day course provides participants with updated information on the latest changes and requirements to safely monitor the effectiveness of traffic guidance schemes including adding and/or removing signs and devices within the scope and objectives of the Traffic Management Plan. The course is delivered face to face.
One (1) day
7.15am arrival, 7.30am commencement
For upcoming training course dates, locations and fees please visit our Training Calendar
AusQ Training are an approved Main Roads WA training provider therefore participants will be issued with Main Roads WA Worksite Traffic Management (WTM) accreditation (valid for 3 years).
Pre Entry Requirements
Participants are required to:
– Provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
– Hold a current Main Roads WA Worksite Traffic Management (WTM) accreditation (or be within the 3 month grace period of expiry)
– Hold a Statement of Attainment in RIIRIS402D Carry out risk management process or equivalent
– Have good English literacy and reading skills as training will involve reading work instructions, interpreting/modifying traffic control diagrams, writing safety documentation and compliance audit reports
– Submit evidence of one (1) authorised Traffic Management Plan that was implemented, either from the Main Roads WA template document or equivalent, with traffic control diagrams they amended. This should include the risk assessment they conducted and Daily Diary. The plan must include multiple traffic control diagrams and speed reductions.
– Submit evidence of an onsite inspection of a roadwork or event traffic management site they have completed.
Note: Where the primary role of the applicant that is seeking their WTM re-accreditation is limited to either:
a) reviewing, recommending and/or authorising TMPs or
b) conducting site compliance inspections and modifying the TMPs
The applicant shall submit a copy of one (1) Traffic Management Plan that they had reviewed, approved or conducted a site compliance inspection for, together with their review comments, for assessment.
The above listed requirements and evidence must be submitted in advance of training being undertaken, to confirm your eligibility and acceptance into the course. Upon enrolment a Pre Enrolment form will be provided to students to complete requesting the above information.
Main Roads WA Prerequisites
In order to meet Main Roads WA requirements, participants MUST:
– Have evidence of being issued with a valid Worksafe WA Construction Safety Awareness Training Card (blue card) or Construction Induction (White Card)
– Hold a current Main Roads WA Basic Worksite Traffic Management (BWTM) accreditation*
– Have documentary evidence of at least 1 years practical experience in traffic management OR; have documentary evidence of at least 2 year’s practical experience in road construction/maintenance
* Exemption from holiding a current BWTM accreditation may be offered for employees working in Main Roads, Local Governments or other approving bodies with at least 3 years’ experience in traffic management, road safety, road construction/maintenance or road design that will be endorsing TMP’s. Additionally they must have previously held a BWTM accreditation.
Participants are required to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled course start time. Catering will be provided for all public training courses including morning tea, lunch and tea/coffee facilities. If you have any special dietary requirements, please indicate this on your online enrolment or contact our office at least 5 working days prior to your course commencement date. All participants are required to bring their drivers licence, white card and any previous accreditation details.
What To Wear
All participants are required to wear appropriate work attire, including steel capped boots and hi-visability clothing for practical field training and assessments.
Are you in the building or construction industry? Then you may be eligible for funded training by the Construction Training Fund (CTF). CTF provides funding support for the training of eligible workers in the build and construction industry. For more information click here
Metropolitan Rate $248pp – You Pay $198pp
Regional Rate $272pp – You Pay $174pp
Note: This subsidy is available to eligible participants only.
No other government training entitlements and subsidy arrangements are currently available for this course.