AusQ Training specialise in traffic management training across Western Australia.



Q. What is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)?
A. An RTO is a training organisation that is approved and accredited by a State or National regulator for Australia’s Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector. The national regulator regulates courses and training providers to ensure nationally approved quality standards are consistently met through the implementation of a risk based approach towards the application of the current VET Standards.

Q. How can I check and verify AusQ Training is a RTO?

A. AusQ Training is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and code/number is 52361. Full details of the registration include the scope of training products can be viewed on or click here.

Q. What services does AusQ Training offer?
A. AusQ Training specialise in traffic management services and training across Western Australia.

Courses include:

Services include:

For further details please Visit AusQ Training Website.

Q. Is the training Nationally Recognised?
A. AusQ Training offer both accredited and non accredited training. Under each course outline, we will clearly advertise the type of training whether it is accredited or non accredited including if and what AQF outcomes can be achieved.

Q. Who is Training Accreditation Council (TAC)
A. The Training Accreditation Council (TAC) is Western Australia’s independent statutory body for quality assurance and recognition of vocational education and training (VET) services. The Council is established under the Vocational Education and Training Act 1996.

Q. What locations can I train at?
A.  We offer regular traffic management training courses from basic to advanced, in Perth, Bunbury & Albany. For training in different locations please contact our office to arrange a group booking or express your interest.

Q. Can AusQ Training come to us and or run courses for private organisations?
A. Yes, we can cater for group training requests across WA from Albany to Kununurra. If you would like to arrange a group training session at your workplace, contact our office on 1300 00 2877 (AUSQ) and we will work with you to arrange a suitable date.

Q. Do you offer Traffic Controller employment opportunities to people who pass the course?
A. No, AusQ Training is a registered training organisation and only offers training services. We do have a sister company Traffic Force who have depots in Perth, Bunbury and Albany, to express your employment interest apply online directly through their website Click Here



Q. Do I need to pay when enrolling?
A. Yes, enrolments will only be confirmed upon receipt of payment. If you have any trouble please contact our friendly staff on 1300 00 2877 (AUSQ). For full details on our Fees, Charges, Refund & Cancellation Policy please visit our Downloads section click here.

Q. Is there any funding available?
A. AusQ Training is an approved Construction Training Fund (CTF) provider, which allows eligible employers and candidates to access subsidies up to a 80% discount. Read More

Q. How far in advance do I need to book my course?
A. We are happy to take bookings up until the day before the course commences, provided there are still places available. Due to high levels of interest in many courses, we recommend that you enrol in advance to secure your place.

Q. Do you ever cancel courses?
A.  We make every endeavour to avoid cancelling or delaying a course, and only under exceptional circumstances would that happen. We would aim to reschedule a cancelled course at the earliest opportunity.

Q. I am now unable to attend the course I have enrolled in, what can I do?
A.  You have a few options:

  • You could either transfer your enrolment to a more suitable date
  • You could nominate a different attendee instead of you
  • You could cancel your enrolment

There may be fees involved in cancelling your enrolment, and you will be informed of these and the circumstances in which they may occur at the time of your enrolment. For full details on our Fees, Charges, Refund & Cancellation Policy please visit our Downloads section click here.

Q. What is your cancellation policy?
A. All cancellations, transfers or changes of training course enrolments/bookings must be received in writing. If you advise us in writing more than 5 working days prior to course commencement, we will provide you with a full refund or transfer to another course date(s) without additional cost. If you cancel within 5 working days prior to course commencement no refund will be paid.  There will be no refund for non-attendance at a course however an alternate person may be substituted prior to the commencement of the course at no additional cost.  If you are not deemed competent, or if you withdraw after training has commenced no refund is payable. For full details on our Fees, Charges, Refund & Cancellation Policy please visit our Downloads section click here.

Q. Can I get a refund if I dont attend training?
A. There will be no refund for non-attendance at a course however an alternate person may be substituted prior to the commencement of the course at no additional cost.

Q. Will I be refunded if I dont pass the course?
A. If you are not deemed competent, or if you withdraw after training has commenced no refund is payable.

Q. How can I pay for my course?
A. AusQ Training offers a variety of payment options; including online payment (via PinPayments), bank transfer and EFTPOS/Credit card payments.



Q. What is a Unique Student Identifier (USI)?
A. From the 1st of January 2015 students must register for a Unique Student Identifier (USI) and provide this when enrolling in any accredited training. A USI is a reference number made up of numbers and letters that gives students access to their USI account. A USI will allow an individual’s USI account to be linked to the National Vocational Education and Training (VET) Data Collection allowing an individual to see all of their training results from all providers including all completed training units and qualifications

Q. What class of license do I require to enrol in the Basic Worksite Traffic Management and/or Traffic Controller course?
A. You are required to hold (or have evidence of previously holding) a Provisional or Full C Class Licence or higher to enrol in our Basic Worksite Traffic Management and/or Traffic Controller Course.

Q. How old do you need to be to do the Traffic Controller Course?
A. There is no specified age but you do need to have (or show evidence of having previously held) a C Class drivers licence which can be obtained in Western Australia at the age of 17 Years.

Q. Can I enrol if I only have an international drivers licence?
A. Yes. As long as the drivers licence is still valid in the country that it was issued and according the countries recognised by the Department of Transport WA. Click Here

Q. I lost my driver’s licence, am I still able to enrol in a traffic management course?
A. Yes. In the event you have lost your driver’s licence simply provide a copy of your old drivers licence or licence number with your enrolment.

Q. I am from another state and already have my traffic management accreditation, what do I need to do to work in Western Australia?
A. Each state does have different requirements therefore to understand your situation please contact our office and provide further details on 1300 00 2877 (AUSQ).  In the event you have completed training in another state and have received nationally recognised qualification statement of attainments, please provide copies of these documents when enquiring.



Q. What time does my course start and what is the duration of the day? 
A. All courses will be between 8.00am to 4.30pm, unless otherwise specified. You are required to arrive at 7.45am.

Q. What do I need to bring or wear to the course? 
A. Each student will receive a confirmation letter via email when all pre-requisite information has been received. The confirmation letter will re-confirm training dates, start times, training location and on the day requirements.

The general requirements are as follows:
All course participants MUST bring their driver’s licence, white card and any previous traffic management accreditation cards.
All participants are required to wear work attire including enclosed footwear & hi visibility due to practical assessments during the course.
In the event of wet weather, participants will be required to supply their own wet weather gear.

Q. Is there any pre-course reading that I can do?
A. You can download and read Main Roads WA Traffic Controllers Handbook prior to attending your course. Whilst this is not a mandatory requirement, it is available for those wanting to gain further knowledge and familiarise themselves prior to commencing training with us.


Q. How long is my Traffic Controller card valid for and how do I renew my Accreditation?
A.   Your Main Roads WA Traffic Management Accreditation is valid for 3 years only. If your card has expired more than 3 months ago, you will be required to complete the full 3 day course again in accordance with the Main Roads WA Provision of Service Agreement – Delivery of Main Roads Western Australia Traffic Management Accreditation. Contact our office on 1300 00 2877 (AUSQ) to discuss your situation.

Q.   Can I apply for a replacement Main Roads accreditation card and what is the fee?
A.  Yes you can apply directly to AusQ Training to order a replacement card. Once the replacement card form has been completed and sent through to AusQ Training with full payment, a replacement card will be sent out.  Please allow 5 working days for processing of a new card. Replacement Request Form



Q. Do you deliver Heavy Vehicle Pilot Licence training?
A.   AusQ Training specialsise in traffic management training. For more information on getting your Heavy Vehicle Pilot license visit Main Roads WA website.

AusQ News
BWTM Accreditation - Supervise Experienced Road Workers

Road workers with at least 12 months experience working on roads are permitted to implement signs under direct supervision of someone that holds a BWTM accreditation. This is only permitted on local roads with a permanent speed limit of 50 km/h or less and less than 15,000 vehicles per day.

Traffic Management Plans - MRWA Template Required

Any party undertaking work on a road shall prepare a Traffic Management Plan (TMP) that adequately provides for the safety of workers and road users while maintaining an adequate level of service to road users. To ensure a consistent approach is taken when developing a TMP one of the Main Roads WA TMP templates shall be used as a basis for the development of the plan. Any section headings that are not applicable to the TMP being developed shall be kept in the document and noted as not applicable (with the intent of keeping the TMP section numbers the same throughout all TMPs). Read More on page 17, Main Roads WA Code of Practice Works on Roads

Working in the Heat - New Guidance Note Released

Safe Work Australia has published a Guide for managing the risks of working in the heat. "Heat is a hazard in many Australian workplaces, whether work is performed indoors or outdoors," said Safe Work Australia CEO Michelle Baxter. The guide provides practical guidance on how to manage the risks associated with working in heat, and information on what to do if a worker begins to suffer from a heat-related illness. For more information, visit the Safe Work Australia website.

New Weekly Alert - Sign Up for Updates Straight to Your Inbox

You've asked, we've listened! Due to popular demand, we are pleased to provide our subscribers with a weekly update on our upcoming scheduled courses. The number of places available is current at the time of the report being issued. Enrolments will be accepted on a first in first served basis. To secure your place in an upcoming course enrol online via our Training Calendar. To register for our Weekly Alert Click Here

Traffic Management Australia Page

Are you on LinkedIn? Jump online and join  Traffic Management Australia Network Page for regular industry updates and news. This group allows you the opportunity to connect and share updates with each other. Join Now