This two (2) day course is a mandatory requirement to work on or near roads within WA. The course provides participants the theory and practical skills required to implement a traffic management plan, ensuring traffic flow is maintained and the safety risk to all road users and workers is minimised. The course is delivered face to face and includes mandatory practical training and assessments.
Two (2) day
7.15am arrival, 7.30am commencement
For upcoming training course dates, locations and fees please visit our Training Calendar
Upon successful completion, participants will be issued with the following nationally recognised Statement of Attainments:
– RIIWHS302D Implement a traffic management plan or equivalent
– RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace or equivalent
– RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and work procedures or equivalent
AusQ Training is a Main Roads WA approved training provider therefore upon successful completion and meeting all the required Main Roads WA pre requisites participants will also receive a Main Roads WA Basic Worksite Traffic Management (BWTM) accreditation (valid for 3 years).
Pre Entry Requirements
Participants are required to:
– Provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
– Have good English literacy and reading skills as training will involve reading work instructions, writing safety documentation and interpreting traffic control diagrams
– Have good level of physical fitness/health as training will involve lifting/moving signs and devices (approximately 6-8kgs each), setting up/packing down sites
Main Roads WA Prerequisites
In order to meet Main Roads WA requirements, participants MUST:
– Have evidence of being issued with a valid Worksafe WA Construction Safety Awareness Training Card (blue card) or Construction Induction (White Card)
Participants are required to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled course start time. Catering will be provided for all public training courses including morning tea, lunch and tea/coffee facilities. If you have any special dietary requirements, please indicate this on your online enrolment or contact our office at least 5 working days prior to your course commencement date. All participants are required to bring their drivers licence, white card and any previous accreditation details.
What To Wear
All participants are required to wear appropriate work attire, including:
– Steel capped boots
– Hi-visibility clothing
– Hat/sun protection
– Wet weather gear
The above PPE is essential due to practical training and assessment completed during this course.
In the event PPE items are not available to a student prior to the course, please contact our office we may be able to organise additional PPE items to use during training, by arrangement in advance only.
No GST for Nationally Accredited Training.
“The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.” For more details on CTF Subsidies Click Here
Metropolitan Rate $405.30pp – You pay $173.70pp
Regional Rate $463.20pp – You pay $115.80pp
Note: This subsidy is available to eligible participants only.
No other government training entitlements and subsidy arrangements are currently available for this course.