This course provides participants with the opportunity to “upgrade” their current Main Roads WA Worksite Traffic Management (WTM) accreditation to a Main Roads WA Advanced Worksite Traffic Management (AWTM) accreditation. During the training students will be provided with additional theory and practical skills required to prepare detailed Traffic Management Plans including those in accordance with and up to the planning level specified in clause 2.2.1(c) of AS1742 Part 3 – 2009. The course is delivered face to face.
This level of Main Roads WA accreditation is suited to Traffic Planners, Project Managers or Approving Officers.
***NEW ONLINE SUPPORT PORTAL COMING SOON (Late 2017)*** – Students will be provided even more support options after leaving the classroom including access to a ‘student only’ work area inside our online learning platform, access to additional documents, templates and resources, as well as a live discussion area to help answer any queries!
At the completion of the training, students are required to complete assessments in their own time and submit for marking. Students are provided up to ten (10) working days per assessment, to submit their work.
For upcoming training course dates, locations and fees please visit our Training Calendar
Upon successful completion, participants will be issued with the following nationally recognised Statement of Attainments:
– RIICWD503D Prepare work zone traffic management plan
– RIIGOV401D Apply, monitor and report on compliance systems
AusQ Training is a Main Roads WA approved training provider therefore upon successful completion and meeting all the required Main Roads WA pre requisites participants will also receive a Main Roads WA Advanced Worksite Traffic Management (AWTM) accreditation (valid for 3 years).
Pre Entry Requirements
Participants are required to:
– Provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
– Hold a Statement of Attainment RIIRIS402D Carry out risk management process or equivalent
– Hold a Statement of Attainment RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures or equivalent
– Hold a current Main Roads WA Worksite Traffic Management (WTM) accreditation, completed with AusQ Training within the last 6 months (If you completed your WTM Accreditation over 6 months ago and/or through a different approved Main Roads WA training provider, please contact us to discuss your training requirements)
– Have good English literacy and reading skills as training will involve reading work instructions, interpreting traffic control diagrams, designing Traffic Management Plans, writing safety documentation and compliance audit reports
– Have good computer processing, internet and email skills
– Bring along the following current resources to the course including Main Roads WA Code of Practice Works on Roads, Main Roads WA Code of Practice for Events & AS1742.3 Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices – Part 3 Traffic Control for Works on Roads.
Main Roads WA Prerequisites
In order to meet Main Roads WA requirements, participants MUST:
– Hold a Construction Safety Awareness Card (White or Blue card)
– Hold or have held a Main Roads WA Basic Worksite Traffic Management (BWTM) accreditation or; a Statement of Attainment in Implement Traffic Management Plan
Participants are required to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled course start time. Catering will be provided for all public training courses including morning tea, lunch and tea/coffee facilities. If you have any special dietary requirements, please indicate this on your online enrolment or contact our office at least 5 working days prior to your course commencement date. All participants are required to bring their drivers licence, white card and any previous accreditation details.
What To Wear
All participants are required to wear appropriate work attire, including steel capped boots and hi-visability clothing for practical field training and assessments.
In the event PPE items are not available to a student prior to the course, please contact our office we may be able to organise additional PPE items to use during training, by arrangement in advance only.
No GST for Nationally Accredited Training.
“The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.” For more details on CTF Subsidies Click Here
Important Note: CTF subsidies are available for this course, for eligible participants only, however ALL claims (both individuals and employers) must be made directly to CTF at the successfully completion of the course, due to post course assessment requirements.
No other government training entitlements and subsidy arrangements are currently available for this course.